Between Self and Others
- When you help others, you are also helping yourself. Your consideration towards others also means care and love for yourself.
- Cater to those who wish to do good, and recognize a common goal with them. Oblige others and respect their wishes in order for a bright future to exist.
- Be modest and courteous in associating with the world. Be humble and willing to learn, make necessary concessions to accommodate the general situation, and be understanding towards others.
- Be gentle and humble when dealing with others. Show kindness through speech and facial expressions to make others feel as if they are bathing in the spring breeze.
- Harmony, calmness and peace are the keys to interpersonal harmony. Diligence, hard-work and assiduity are the keys to success.
- Treat others with honesty and strive to achieve satisfaction for all. Treat your guests with respect to make them feel at home.
- When you meet other people, say at least three sentences to them, and accompany them for a round. Be reasonable at all times and always put a smile on your face.
- Respect, praise and tolerance are a triad for keeping good relations with the world.
- Refrain from verbosity in times of joy, and do not take your anger out on others.
- Listen well, and take note of the essence of what others have to say.
- Never hit the nail directly on the head; learn the noble art of subtlety.
- Reproach someone with comforting words, criticize with compliments, reprimand with praises, and give orders with respect.
- Be sincere, passionate and polite. Utilize the following words often in your speech: “please,” “thank you,” and “sorry.”
- Educate and praise youngsters; care for and look after the elderly; guide and assist the disabled; advise and be considerate towards the depressed.
- Care for your neighbors and community, and participate in local events. Help and keep guard for each other, and coexist in harmony.
- Attend to your parents and seniors, and be filial to them. Give younger ones opportunities, and offer guidance when needed.